Red wine has always been a popular drink throughout the ages due to its health benefits. Rich in antioxidants that’s good for the heart and can potentially combat cancer cells, red wine’s health benefits has been recognized as far back as 8,000 years ago. This does not mean, however, that you have to drink a lot in order to reap its full benefits. Consuming wine in excess can lead to alcoholism. Drink responsibly and enjoy better health.
- Red wine contains resveratrol. Red wine contains a powerful antioxidant called resveratrol which protects your heart and cardiovascular system from the harmful effects of saturated fats. It can also prevent the onset of age-related disorders like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. What’s more, resveratrol can also help prevent prostate cancer in men. A glass or two of red wine daily can protect you from heart disease and other disorders.
- Red wine is a source of antioxidants. Apart from resveratrol, a number of other antioxidants are present in red wine which can retard the signs of aging and inhibit the development of type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and other degenerative diseases.
- Red wine can fight insomnia. While alcohol is known to disrupt the sleeping pattern, the key ingredient melatonin in red wine can actually promote better sleep. This can be a great benefit for people who can’t sleep well at night or have insomnia.
- Red wine can prevent cancer and other diseases. The antioxidants in red wine are not only beneficial for the heart but also for the entire body. Antioxidants can heal cells that were damaged by harmful free radicals and help resist the onset of such diseases like certain cancers, diabetes, and macular degeneration. If you have been buying antioxidant supplements from drugs online Canada stores, now you know that you can easily get your dose of antioxidants by simply drinking a glass of red wine.
- Red wine is a great stress reliever. Some people, after coming home from a hard day’s work, automatically reach for a bottle of wine. Red wine has a natural calming property that helps melt away anxiety and stress.
- Red wine is good for the teeth and gums. Red wine hardens your teeth enamel to fight tooth decay. The reinforced enamel has more resistance to Streptococcus mutans, a form of bacteria that thrives in your teeth and causes tooth decay. Red wine also contains polyphenols which can deter gum disease and even prevent it from developing by reducing gum inflammation.